Leeds United 0-2 Hull City

Last updated : 14 January 2019 By leedsunited.com

Whites winning streak ends.

Sky Bet Championship


Leeds United 0

Hull City 2 (Bowen 25, 58)


Leeds: Peacock-Farrell, Ayling (Shackleton 77), Jansson, Phillips, Douglas (Roberts 64), Klich, Forshaw, Hernandez, Harrison (Clarke 45), Alioski, Roofe.  Subs not used: Huffer, Baker, Davis, Halme.

Hull: Marshall, De Wijs, Burke, Stewart, Evandro (Toral 45), Grosicki (Lichaj 74), Kane, Keane (Batty 90), Bowen, Henriksen, Kingsley.  Subs not used: Long, Dicko, McKenzie, Martin.


Booked: Forshaw, Phillips, Jansson (Leeds), Kane, Grosicki (Hull)

Referee: J. Brooks


Venue: Elland Road

Attendance: 35,754 (2,145 Hull)


Leeds United’s seven game winning streak came to an end, as a Jarrod Bowen double secured Hull City all three points at Elland Road.

Hull had the first chance of the game, Bowen drove forward well and got into the Leeds box, but his strike deflected over the bar.

Mateusz Klich hit a half volley over the crossbar from 25 yards following a corner, before Ezgjan Alioski floated a neat cross into the Hull box and Jack Harrison stuck on goal.  The ball then pinged around the area, before being cleared away.

Klich then played a lovely through ball to Hernandez who struck a first time half volley at goal, but he couldn’t keep his attempt down.

At the other end, the Tigers went close from a free-kick on the right side.  Bowen caught everyone out by striking at goal and his effort went just inches wide.

Hull took the lead in the 25th minute.  Kamil Grosicki put a dangerous ball into the Leeds box and the Whites failed to clear, the ball fell to Bowen and he fired home.

Todd Kane then put a ball right across the face of the Leeds goal, but no Hull player could convert the chance.

Kemar Roofe was just inches away from getting on the end of a Hernandez cross, before Phillips headed over following a free-kick by the Spaniard.

Hernandez then tried his luck from distance and forced David Marshall into a fine save, keeping Hull in front.

Half time: Leeds United 0-1 Hull City


Hull doubled their lead in the 58th minute, Grosicki put a good cross in from the right, Peacock-Farrell made a fine save, from a snap shot, but couldn’t prevent Bowen from slotting home the rebound.

Leeds almost pulled a goal back eight minutes later from a Hernandez corner.  Luke Ayling met the cross with his head, but saw his effort cleared off the line by Hull substitute Jon Toral.

Hernandez saw a free-kick well saved by Marshall, before Pontus Jansson fired off target with an acrobatic effort from the resulting corner.

Leeds substitute Jack Clarke saw an effort deflect wide from 25 yards, whilst Klich forced Marshall into an easy stop with a strike from the edge of the box.

Jamie Shackleton then fired a volley at goal from 20 yards, but once more Marshall would not be beaten.

Will Keane went close for Hull after he was teed up by Todd Kane, whilst at the other end, Roofe and Tyler Roberts saw strikes go wide.

Clarke then did really well on the right flank, with three minutes of normal time remaining, he teed up Roberts, but the forward saw his effort cleared off the line.

In stoppage time Hernandez found Roofe with a lovely cross, but Marshall was determined to keep a clean sheet, denying the striker from point blank range, to ensure Hull went away with the two goal victory, but results elsewhere mean the Whites still top the table.

Full time: Leeds United 0-2 Hull City