Bristol Rovers 0 Leeds United 4

More than 1,600 travelling fans were celebrating long before the final whistle as further strikes from Sam Vokes and substitute Tersor Kandol condemned Rovers to a fourth successive defeat.

But it was Beckford who stole the show from the ninth minute when he turned brilliantly onto Michael Doyle's pass to shoot right-footed past Mikkel Andersen from just inside the box.

Leeds went on to dominate for long periods and it was no surprise when Vokes increased their lead 10 minutes after the break.

Robert Snodgrass set up the chance with a driving run to the byline on the right and pulled back a perfect cross for Vokes to shoot in from close range.

Rovers wilted and United drove home their advantage on 64 minutes when the irrepressible Beckford wrong-footed defender Byron Anthony before firing past Andersen from 10 yards.

Kandol completed the rout three minutes from time as fellow substitute Max Gradel made a low cross from the left to set up another unmissable opening on the six-yard line.

There could have been more goals for the rampant visitors, who kept Andersen busy throughout the game with a series of well-struck efforts from distance.

There was just one moment of anxiety for Leeds goalkeeper Casper Ankergren on 21 minutes when he failed to hold Stuart Campbell's volley from 25 yards out.

The ball bounced up off Ankergren's fingertips onto the crossbar and down onto the goal line before being cleared to safety.

Rovers could have had defender Steve Elliott sent off as early as the second minute when a linesman spotted his foul on Beckford to prevent the striker breaking clear down the middle.

But referee Andy Woolmer failed to spot the offence and after consulting his assistant he awarded the centre-back only a yellow card.

Bristol Rovers: Andersen; Regan, Anthony, Elliott, Lescott; Williams (Reece 84), Blizzard (Wright 71), Campbell, Hughes; Dickson (Duffy 71), Kuffour. Unused substitutes: Evans, Clough, Swallow, Richards.

Leeds United: Ankergren; Bromby, Naylor, Kisnorbo, Hughes; Snodgrass, Doyle (Kilkenny 71), Howson, Johnson; Vokes (Kandol 79), Beckford (Gradel 75). Unused substitutes: Martin, Crowe, Prutton, Michelik.

Referee: A Woolmer (Northants).