Giuseppe Bellusci will return to contention following suspension, but may have to settle for a place on the substitutes' bench.
Bellusci, found not guilty of racially abusing Norwich striker Cameron Jerome by the Football Association last week, has missed the last two games and recent signing Sol Bamba has impressed in his absence at the heart of defence.
Neil Redfearn, who has no major new injury problems following Saturday's home defeat to Brentford, could hand new striker Edgar Cani his first start but another recent signing, midfielder Granddi Ngoyi, has a thigh problem.
Midfielders Alex Mowatt, and Adryan, plus forwards Souleymane Doukara and Mirco Antenucci are pushing for recalls, while Chris Dawson is also in contention.
Jem Karacan is a doubt for Reading.
The Royals skipper, who has only recently returned from a long-term knee injury, missed Saturday's 2-1 win at Wolves after suffering what boss Steve Clarke described as a 'niggle' during an Under-21 match last week.
Fellow midfielder Danny Guthrie is close to returning from a groin strain but defenders Anton Ferdinand (calf) and Chris Gunter (ankle) are set to miss out again.
New signing Yakubu will be hoping to make his debut having been an unused substitute at Molineux.
• The earlier meeting this season ended as a goalless draw at Elland Road in October.
• Reading are unbeaten in the last nine meetings, winning four. Leeds' last win was 3-1 at Elland Road in February 2005.
• Reading are unbeaten in the last five meetings at home, winning two. Leeds' last win there was 1-0 in the old Division Two in December 1987.
• Reading have lost only one of their last nine games in all competitions. Their only defeat since mid-December was 2-1 at Fulham in the Championship on 17 January.
• Reading have won two of their last three home games, drawing the other. Their last defeat at the Madejski Stadium was 1-0 against Watford on 20 December.
• Leeds lost 1-0 against Brentford at home on Saturday - their first defeat in five games.
• Leeds won their last away game 2-1 at Huddersfield on 31 January - their first win in 11 games on the road in all competitions.