Leeds forward Samu Saiz has accepted his six-game ban for spitting.
The 26-year-old was sent off by referee Mike Dean in injury time of Sunday's third-round tie at Rodney Parade.
The Spaniard, who will be unavailable until 20 February, has scored nine times in 26 appearances this season.
He added: "I am grateful for the support I receive from our fans and I understand that I am a role model to the next generation of Leeds supporters, I will ensure that my behaviour moving forward reflects that."
Saiz was previously accused of spitting by then Port Vale boss Michael Brown in August but was cleared of any wrongdoing.
Newport midfielder Robbie Willmott, who was on the receiving end of the incident, says he forgives Saiz, who is one of his favourite players.
"There is absolutely no hard feelings from me, he's actually one of my favourite players in the Championship, I enjoy watching him," Willmott told Good Evening Wales.
"It was a heat of the moment thing, I think he went a little bit over the top, but I wish him and Leeds all the best in the rest of the season and I hope they get promoted."