Following an upturn in form following Jesse Marsch's appointment, a few disappointing results have plunged Leeds back into relegation worry.
A porous defence which has conceded the most goals in the Premier League so far this season has been their undoing, though United are still well placed to avoid the drop.
They have four games left to confirm their top-flight status. Here's how the Whites can avoid dropping into the Championship.
How Leeds can avoid relegation from the Premier League
Despite having a five-point buffer over 18th placed Everton, Leeds do not have total control over their fate.
That's because the Toffees have two games in hand which, if they win both, would take them above United.
Leeds supporters will be hoping heavyweights like Chelsea and Arsenal will be able to pick up wins against Everton, though United also have to play the London duo in two of their remaining four games.
Brentford could also have a big say in the relegation as the Bees face both Everton and Leeds in the final weeks of the season.
Burnley have been reborn following the exit of Sean Dyche as manager, picking up three wins on the trot to rise up to 16th, but with 34 points they are still not safe.
Leeds remaining Premier League fixtures (17th; Played 34, 34pts)
- Arsenal vs Leeds (14:00) - 08/05/2022
- Leeds vs Chelsea (19:30) - 11/05/2022
- Leeds vs Brighton (14:00) - 15/05/2022
- Brentford vs Leeds (16:00) - 22/05/2022
Everton's remaining Premier League fixtures (18th; Played 32, 29pts)
- Everton vs Chelsea (14:00) - 01/05/22
- Leicester vs Everton (14:00) - 08/05/22
- Watford vs Everton (19:45) - 11/05/22
- Everton vs Brentford (14:00) - 15/05/22
- Everton vs Crystal Palace (19:45) - 19/05/22
- Arsenal vs Everton (16:00) - 22/05/22
Burnley's remaining Premier League fixtures (16th; Played 34, 34pts)
- Burnley vs Aston Villa (15:00) - 07/05/22
- Tottenham vs Burnley (12:00) - 15/05/22
- Aston Villa vs Burnley (20:00) - 19/05/22
- Burnley vs Newcastle (16:00) - 22/05/22
Source : 90min