Leeds 0-0 QPR- Match Report

Leeds miss chance to keep pressure on Championship top two with QPR stalemate

Promotion-chasing Leeds United missed the chance to keep up the pressure on the Championship top two after being held to a goalless draw by QPR.

The Yorkshireman failed to get into their stride against a dogged Rangers side and are now 11 points off the automatic promotion places.

It was the Londoners who enjoyed the better of the chances, with Conor Washington wasting great chances either side of the break to snatch the win.

The Whites, who have now drawn two in a row, created few clear-cut chances with the Rangers defenders keeping dangerman Chris Wood silent throughout.

The visitors started strongest with Luke Freeman firing wide, before Darnell Furlong glanced a header past the post.

Matt Smith headed a 12th-minute corner wide as QPR continued to enjoy the best of the early chances.

Veteran goalkeeper Rob Green, who was making his 600th league appearance against his former club, saved well from Washington to keep the scores level two minutes later.

Alfonso Pedraza brought the best out of Alex Smithies as Leeds registered their first attempt after 18 minutes.

Jake Bidwell's dangerous low cross-shot flashed across goal 10 minutes before the break for the away side, while - at the other end - Kemar Roofe had a shot deflected for a corner following a dangerous run.

Kyle Bartley saw his header from the resulting corner blocked by a crowd of defenders as half-time approached.

Luke Ayling's teasing cross was headed away under pressure by Furlong as Leeds started strongly after the break.

Green saved well after 48 minutes as Smith again proved tough to beat in the air, before Bidwell's shot was also comfortably stopped.

As the match approached the hour mark, Furlong hammered a woeful effort from the edge of the box into the South Stand as the game went through a quiet spell.

Ayling's cross was cut out by the QPR defence as Chris Wood prepared to pounce after 61 minutes.

The visitors were guilty of throwing away a four-on-three break a minute later as a loose ball allowed Bartley to get back and cover.

While Washington wasted a great chance to fire Rangers ahead when he lashed an effort wide from 15 yards with just the goalkeeper to beat.

Wood flicked a header wide after 69 minutes from Pablo Hernandez's cross, before Green saved well from Freeman after Furlong's long throw caused bother.

Leeds continued to push in the closing stages but could find no way through a strong QPR defence.

Source : PA

Source: PA